Dive with Your Smartphone for $24.95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't we have one place on earth where we are free of damn cell phones!

No thanks...

When your camera housing floods on a dive trip, you don't have a camera to use underwater. When you ziplock bag floods ruining your cell phone on a dive trip, you don't have a camera to use underwater and you lose access to your phone, your email, maps, travel info, kitten videos, etc. I can't imagine traveling without my phone and there is no way in hell that I would risk my phone in this or any other case.

There is also no way in hell that I would order from scuba.com.

When your camera housing floods on a dive trip, you don't have a camera to use underwater. When you ziplock bag floods ruining your cell phone on a dive trip, you don't have a camera to use underwater and you lose access to your phone, your email, maps, travel info, kitten videos, etc. I can't imagine traveling without my phone and there is no way in hell that I would risk my phone in this or any other case.

There is also no way in hell that I would order from scuba.com.

THIS^^^^ Last sentence says it all!!

THIS^^^^ Last sentence says it all!!

I think that the scuba.com business model is to sucker every diver on their very first purchase of equipment and then piss them off so much that they never order again.

Read your Apple Care warranty very carefully before buying/using the bag or any iCase...hint - water damage is not covered.

A proper depth-rated canister, like the kind used for canister light batteries and EPIRB containers, is the only thing I would trust to keep a phone dry while scuba diving.

I realize the ad says "The GoBag is waterproof up to 100 feet (60 meters) ...." I not only find that hard to believe but find it hard to believe that they would make that kind of statement, knowing that watch manufacturers long ago stopped using the term "waterproof" and changed to "water-resistant" because they were getting sued when watches failed.

Back
Top Bottom