Divemaster crew pack - Metric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghanguss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is the divemaster crew pack metric and imperial? Or is there a version of each?

From what I can gather there seems to be only one type.

I just finished going through the latest D/M C/P, and as far as I can tell all measurements are given in both metric and imperial.

Make sure that you get the new D/M C/P for 2010 - there are some significant changes from prior versions.

In the literature you get measurements in both - ie "maximum ascent rate not to exceed 18m/60ft per minute", as are the calculations in the workbook.

The only major difference in PADI crew packs with respect to metric and imperial are the dive tables, which are not included in the DM crew pack anyway. The eRDP-ML can hanlde both.

Hope that helps.

C.

Make sure that you get the new D/M C/P for 2010 - there are some significant changes from prior versions.

How do you know you have 2010?

Second question:

Is BP/w and long hose system ok for PADI or do I need to switch to short hose for the DM training?

PADI standards do not require any specific equipment configuration, but do define what equipment you might have. So you can use BP/W and long hose.

In my experience, some DM/IDC candidates who use BP/W and long hose have had difficulties with some basic skills, such as scuba unit remove and replace.

With all PADI skills, there is no "PADI way" of doing the skill, just the performance requirement, so if you can meet the performance requirement using your equipment, then go for it. The exception to this is the CESA in open water, which is quite prescribed in the way it is taught.

Your instructor will probably counsel you if your config is presenting difficulties for you.

Cheers

Des

Last edited:
Thanks Des!

I have no problems with removing my BP/w and putting it back on. In fact I have lot less trouble with it as I did with my old BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom