Divemaster with extra gear a good idea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oui tu as raison vjongene.. i guess it was me trying to find approval on the subject.. where do you do your diving? je crois qu'il y'a aucun site en suisse

jalal

diver371:
where do you do your diving? je crois qu'il y'a aucun site en suisse
No diving in Switzerland, when we have some of the deepest lakes in the world? As long as you don't mind the dark, the cold, and the less-than-optimal viz, the diving is great! But we don't get many diving tourists :eyebrow:

I think I would like to try that.. can you PM me a website or somethin? but what is there to see over there?

Jalal

It all depends on why you are DM'ing. Some divers need to be guided and hand held (sometimes literally), but others could care less if your down there.

If all your divers are experienced and you have dove with them before, like the previous day and you know this...then bringing a camera is fine. When it's not ok is when you are in a class, or have inexperienced certified divers that obviously want your attention. Ofcourse you need to check with your Boss, unless you are the boss. :)

unless i am the boss... i like the sound of that.. soon Jalal, Soon..

I guess it always depends on the situation. I'll check with the dive center and see what they think.

Okay, looks like I'm going to be one of the few dissenting voices on this one. As and instructor, I take my camera on almost every dive, including certification dives and have been for over two years now. I use the DX 5000 and on cert dives I don't bring the strobe. I have the camera clipped to my BC and can have my hands free in an instant. The reason I started carrying the camera was to give people souvenirs, kind of a value added thing, no charge. The one thing you have to remember, is that you are leading a dive, not going for photography. Don't take a lot of time looking for the perfect picture or waiting for just the right moment to shoot. Pre set things as much as you can and point and shoot when you see something worth taking a shot of, making sure to get your divers into some of the pictures. I'm using digital, so it's easy to e-mail the pictures out or put them on a website. People love it. Of course, make sure you are comfortable with the rest of your duties and that it's okay with who ever you are working for before you take on the additional responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom