Diver assaults another diver underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I am defending this in any way.. however...

If this guy goes to the klink for attempted murder, there should probably be a whole lot of nervous scuba instructors out there...

Definitely assault and battery. It does seem strange that a diver with 10,000 dives would take so long to get a regulator back in her mouth though. If true, it could be pressed as high as attempted murder. I would bet that they charge way less.

Not that I am defending this in any way.. however...

If this guy goes to the klink for attempted murder, there should probably be a whole lot of nervous scuba instructors out there...

It's not the same thing if you pay them to do it. When I was certified back in the old days instructors routinely did this sort of thing, ripping off masks and second stages. This was guaranteed to make a man out of you, even if you are a woman.

I remember almost drowning from uncontrollable underwater laughter when, in a pool, an instructor dislodged both the student's second stage and his denture.

The old Puma Frogman is a rather BFK.

My lack of surprise at the collector's behavior, and at certain commentary in local forums saying he just reacted to "harassment," comes from what I've observed on Oahu and on the Big Island. At times, folks here remind me a good bit of guys I've met in the back woods of West Virginia…and that's never more true than when collecting from the ocean is involved.

You have anyone in particular in mind? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely assault and battery. It does seem strange that a diver with 10,000 dives would take so long to get a regulator back in her mouth though. If true, it could be pressed as high as attempted murder. I would bet that they charge way less.

I thought the number sounded a bit fishy. But hey, if she did two dives every day for about 13 1/2 years then it's possible.

Let's not down play also that this is Hawaii, and in Hawaii there is a long history of natives showing hostility to out-siders/tourists, they even have an name for them I think its Haoles. Go surf a local surf hangout and watch out for the elbows to the face and a pretty open hostility toward you.

As one of the Haoles out here in Hawaii, who spends both days of every weekend on the water here, I just don't see the hostility many talk about.

Fish collectors out here are hated by the diving community more than a child molester. I see the hatred and nasty comments all the time.

I don't mind the collectors at all and I even dive with one from time to time. I don't collect though.

The thing I've noticed is that, give them enough time , the collectors usually end up ****ing themselves up or killing themselves.

Given the hatred I have seen towards them, I would have no doubt the "victim" was involved in some sort of antagonist behavior ... I doubt we will ever see that part of the video.

You have anyone in particular in mind? :)

Not who you're thinking. We don't see eye to eye, but I wouldn't expect this kind of asshattery from him. Now, those special snowflakes we saw tied up to the Mahi that one day...yeah, I could see it no problem. Wonder if I can lay my hands on an HK P11 somewhere.

Not who you're thinking. We don't see eye to eye, but I wouldn't expect this kind of asshattery from him. Now, those special snowflakes we saw tied up to the Mahi that one day...yeah, I could see it no problem. Wonder if I can lay my hands on an HK P11 somewhere.

You already have the best weapon available... A scooter to move away from the hi jinks

You already have the best weapon available... A scooter to move away from the hi jinks

True enough. Anyone trying to get in my face like that would probably just get a mask-full of Genesis DPV at full 90lbs of thrust on my way outta Dodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom