DIR- Generic Diver attitude! Be careful, experienced divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am starting to migrate toward long line clips, probably not DIR, but they don't open up on their own, and don't get caught on mesh bags too often.

I use a tuna clip on my anchor / mooring line marker strobe.

nUufaxS.jpg

I’m a 30 year machinist and my degree is in mechanical engineering ; yes I’d hang under that holding 100 lbs without worrying about the material failing. Assuming it wouldn’t unclip is a different issue.

What do you think the yield strength would roughly be?

I use a tuna clip on my anchor / mooring line marker strobe.

nUufaxS.jpg
Nice, however I avoid zip ties for applications like that. Some old braided fishing line and a zillion knots works for me.

Do you have any insight into why long line clips are not used more often? They have at least one distinct disadvantage in that they do not open up enough to clip to larger diameter objects or a rope.

Nice, however I avoid zip ties for applications like that. Some old braided fishing line and a zillion knots works for me.
Like my dad used to say in a somewhat exasperated tone, “If you don’t know how to tie a proper knot just tie a whole lot.”

What is this thread about again?

Not once have I seen, or heard it here:cool::wink:
It's just absolutely amazing, isn't it?

'Talking fasteners, my brother recently pointed out that white cable ties are NOT UV resistant. Carbon black is added to black ties for UV resistance...
1701298697111.png

I had to change some out.

Like my dad used to say in a somewhat exasperated tone, “If you don’t know how to tie a proper knot just tie more.”

What is this thread about again?
The common one I use is "If you can't tie a knot, tie a lot."

Assuming it wouldn’t unclip is a different issue.
That is what I am assuming,

The ridgid side bends then unclips.

Maybe you can do some destructive testing with some shock loads.

Also to note,
If I am lifting 120lbs underwater like I did last year,​
I am using straps/rope bigger than what that clip will clip, so I'll stick to a carabiner,​
This bravo3 was it the most terrible spot to recover.​
In that spot probably it was 6mph min constantly change direction current.​
Had to work with one hand and keep yourself very negative head down.​
Got quite sketchy.​
Cleaned up of zebra mussels,​
with props removed.​
20220802_080704.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom