diver photos--not in vogue anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think part of the reason you don't see more diver photos is that most of 'em don't come out well. I have one buddy I dive with quite a bit, we always wind up taking pictures of each other. Most of them are "throw aways", there not going to win a photo contest. I keep some of them around just so I can share them with friends and family. The other thing about diver photos is that, at least as far as I'm concerned, I shouldn't post photos of others unless they've given me permission to do so.

Communication is also tough. I've been diving with one buddy for two years. Its still tough to communicate what we'd want each other to do in terms of modelling for a diver shot underwater. We came up with a new signal for turtle shots in Malaysia, and planned out what we wanted prior to the dive. I've attached a couple of me, taken by my buddy. If you plan ahead, you can get great diver shots. If you don't plan ahead, you can get something amusing (the gas mask shot), or if you do plan ahead, you can get a really cool shot (the turtle).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom