diver presumed dead in Petawawa River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so sorry for you loss.

Greenhulk, my deepest condolences.
Having been in the military myself, I know that saying "no" to a superior rank (even off duty), is not taken lightly. I also know that you have to trust your superiors to make the correct decisions.

I was speaking to former members of the Barracuda club today and all three of them were sadden by this loss as well. One of them even remarked when he did his open water about 10 years ago at this time of the year. They travelled to the Arnprior bridge site as the instructor would not take them to the Point as well because of conditions.

This is so close to home for me.

Greenhulk,

My sincere condolances to you and your family on the sad loss of your son. I am a member of the Barracuda Scuba Club. I did not have the honour of getting to know your son. I did my open water checkout dives (and dozens more as well) a few years ago at that very site just a couple of weeks later in the year. And while it will bring you absolutely no comfort at this time, the instructor there is a very safety conscious man and is devastated by the loss of your son.
Greenhulk...... there isn't a diver alive who blames your son for going into the water that day. He was brand new, undoubtedly enthusiastic and trusting of his instructors to bring him to a safe site. If there was an error in judgement that day, it was not your son's error.
I hope you will find the strength and energy to share the final police reports with us. We need to learn from this tragedy.
Once again, my sincere condolances to you and the entire Padulo family.

dolphin64

Thanks for coming on with that Dolphin - stick around. :thumb:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom