DiveRite SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleJT

Reaction score
I just received a DiveRite SPG and it wasn't quite what I was expecting because it came with a hose pre-attached and the gauge is enclosed in a rubber boot.

My question is, is this boot necessary? I'd kinda like to replace the hose (32") with a shorter one (24") but it would require cutting away the rubber boot wrapped around the gauge.

Thanks

- JT

You don't have to cut away the rubber boot just gentley pry the guage out of the boot and grab hold and pull!! They hose will follow it on the way out and simply replace with your shorter hose.:) Installation is reversal of removeal hope this helps ya!!:wink:

Len

Originally posted by ninja
You don't have to cut away the rubber boot just gentley pry the guage out of the boot and grab hold and pull!!
Duh. Why was I trying to make it more difficult than it was? Heh. I have the boot off now, and in one piece still. :wink:

But, now my question is, what is the purpose of the boot in the first place? I like the looks of it better without and it's a tiny bit lighter now too.

- JT

My OMS came with a boot too...you don't need it. The boot is just a little protection for the SPG and provides a nice attachment point that you don't need. Just attach an SS bolt snap to the non-booted SPG and you are ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom