Diverite Trek Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomcat

Reaction score
Couple of quick questions:

1. What do users think of them (e.g. vs 40# explorer wings)?

2. Do they fit halcyon backplates?

tomcat:
Couple of quick questions:

1. What do users think of them (e.g. vs 40# explorer wings)?

2. Do they fit halcyon backplates?
Tomcat
I have the Dive Rite Trek Wing and a Halcyon Pioneer Wing.
They both fit on my S&W Hammerhead backplate. Halcyon uses the standard 11" Bolt hole spacing so you should have no problems. I like the Trek wing but it is a tweener.
A little to small for doubles and a little to big for singles ,however I prefer it over the Halcyon. Hope this helps.
Hopdevil

thanks dude. can i understand you to mean that the trek wing and the pioneer wing have the same bolt hole spacing?

I have this wing minus the bungees and its perfect for double al80's, but for single tanks its a nightmare with trapping air and wrapping around the tank, for single tank I use the 27lb pioneer wing.

tomcat:
are you using a halcyon plate?

I use a diverite bp, but its my understanding that most bp are created equal. The holes are 11 inches apart right?

not necessarily. i understand that some manufacturers have wings with grommet holes that are spaced differently. the diverite bp is probably more "receptive" than the halcyon one. *sigh* looks like i'll have to find a day to travel down to the shop to have a look for myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom