Diverite Weight Pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had these when I had my transpac and I continually had trim issues, especially rolling. I'm using the Halcyon ACB weight system now. I like them much better and they're really comfortable. They're just expensive and take up a lot of space on the belt, but still 10x better in my oppinion.

I got the older generation 32's, work great since the extra space is used to store safety gear and that gear can be cliped to the inner d-ring, since I use only 2# per side, the extra space is wisely used and keep the weight from shifting around.
In the remote case I got to ditch, the 2# will drop but the safety gear will remain with me.

The newer design of the 32's, in my opinion is a step back, since if you got to ditch, you ditch the whole pocket and keep the outer pocket in your BC, rendering the system useless after the ditching, also with the older style, you can clip some weight to the inner d-ring and drop only a small amount.

The extremely high cost is a down side of the system.

Can't comment on the 16's

Looks like after reading this post i made up my mind and will not get them when i order my new set up . Looks like the H brand pockets will be on a DR BP and wing

Take a look at the DUI Weight & Trim system. It is a harness with weight pockets. I like it much better than the Dive Rite pockets.

I looked at the DUI weight system. to much "stuff" for me.

I think after reading all this I'll go with the Halcyon system, unless I can find some oldschool DR pockets first....

It's been posted here on SB many times, that the H brand pockets take too much real state on the waist strap, just something to think about........................

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom