• Aries

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Sagittarius

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Leo

Votes: 12 10.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Astrology is a load of crap. How can people take it seriously?

The signs actually didn't change if you go by the western astrology table. Besides that, your sign is determined by the sign you were born under, not what it is currently. So you are still the same sign :p

It's all crap, meant to lead you astray. I maintain a sharp focus on fortune cookies. ;-)

-Mitch

clap clap to all the captain killjoys.

it might not have scientific basis [in your opinions] but it is, as this site should be, a bit of fun.

take it as the rest of society does, as a bit of fun and with a grain of salt.

It's all good. ;-) I voted before I cracked my jokes.

**I'm serious about the fortune cookies though. ;-)

-Mitch

clap clap to all the captain killjoys.

it might not have scientific basis [in your opinions] but it is, as this site should be, a bit of fun.

take it as the rest of society does, as a bit of fun and with a grain of salt.

It doesn't have scientific basis. That is not an opinion, it is factual.

And it would be fine if society did just take it with a grain of salt but that isn't really the case :wink:

Other than a general lack of respect for their inability to think rationally I do not care if people are into star signs but if they are going to post about it publically then I reserve the right to call it out as crap.

It doesn't have scientific basis. That is not an opinion, it is factual.

Astronomy and astrology were the same thing before the modern era, because predictive and divinatory knowledge was one of the motivating factors for astronomical observation.

Astronomy is simply the observation and measurement of celestial bodies, while astrology is an attempt to find some sort of "meaning" or "influence" in the planetary positions.

The interesting thing is that astrology gave birth to astronomy. Oddly enough, considering that astrology has to do with planetary movements, astrologers no longer look at the sky, and haven't for hundreds of years.

Bob
--------------------------
My sign .......... Caution

Astronomy and astrology were the same thing before the modern era, because predictive and divinatory knowledge was one of the motivating factors for astronomical observation.

Astronomy is simply the observation and measurement of celestial bodies, while astrology is an attempt to find some sort of "meaning" or "influence" in the planetary positions.

The interesting thing is that astrology gave birth to astronomy. Oddly enough, considering that astrology has to do with planetary movements, astrologers no longer look at the sky, and haven't for hundreds of years.

Astrology giving birth to astronomy is not the same as astrology having any kind of scientific basis. There is no scientific evidence at all, none, zero, nada, for planetary positions having any meaning or influence over people's lives.

Back
Top Bottom