divers lodge lembeh

anyone have feedback on diving lodge lembeh?

• dive guides critter spotting abilty

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • accomodations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • food

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
anyone have any feedback as to the quality of service, dive guides abilty to find the critters, and what to expect as far as accomodations and food. I am a travel agent looking for a different venue in the lembeh area, any feedback would be helpfull....Cheers

I have always wanted to know what type of discounts a travel agent gets from hotels/operators normally - any information/insights would be greatly appreciated.

This is a long way round but...

I dove in Burma with an Indonesian Dive Guide who had 15 yrs experience as a guide in the Lembeh Straights.

He was absolutley fabulous at finding things.

If he is the norm rather than the exception I would say they would be very good.

Cheers

Haven't been to Rob Sinke's new Lodge, but dove with him last year
just before he moved out of his old spot. He had very good dive masters
and normally there would be one guide for 2 people as most divers have
cameras. The critters there are sometimes hard to spot and the local
guides a great at picking out the unusual small stuff!! Rob built new
accomodation and I am sure they are up to standard and I would
recomend diving with him!!

I dived with Rob Sinke's operation in october 2002 when he was still at the Benteng Resort. Although initially only planning to stay for 10 days before moving towards Bunaken, we decided to stay a full 4 weeks and have no regrets about this decision. The diving in Lembeh strait is abolutely fantastic if you're looking for all kinds of Critters like Ghoste Pipe Fish, Flamboyant Cuttle Fish, Anglerfish, Nudibranchs etc. etc.
He recently started his operation on Lembeh Island but with the same formula. His dive-guides are very well trained and continously on the look-out for all kinds of marine life. For more info check www.diving-on-sulawesi.com

Happy Bubbles

Back
Top Bottom