Divers with a 1 year old

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

michshlomo

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Our LO will be 1 year old in July, and my husband will celebrate his 40th birthday. We are experienced divers, based in NYC. We are used to diving in Cozumel (and in Asia).
I'm looking for a destination+diving resort in that destination.
  • Has to be a direct flight from NYC
  • Has to be baby friendly (not many stairs), preferably a place where I can pay for nanny services
  • Great diving
  • Mid range price wise.
Please help me plan. I have been thinking about Cayman island, any thoughts? Any specific resort?

Thank you so much, your help is highly appreciated!

Define “mid range price”
Define “great diving”

Confusing as you then go on to mention Cayman. (imnsho, that’s contradictory) :wink:

In terms of the life-support/health/safety of a 1yr old infant, Grand Cayman would be my #1 choice.

Define “mid range price”
Define “great diving”

Confusing as you then go on to mention Cayman. (imnsho, that’s contradictory) :wink:

In terms of the life support/health/safety of a 1yr old infant, Grand Cayman would be my #1 choice.
Thank you!
Great diving - As good as Cozumel (I realize that I won't fond something as good as Philippines).
Mid range - Accommodation ~300 dollars a night.

The only place I have been to there was the Occidental Grand. They have a dive shop, Pro dive, I think. I dove Palancar and Colombia reefs and liked them. First time I dove, but the staff all seemed professional and friendly. Was time share so not sure of prices. Hope that helps a little.

No direct flights from NYC to Cozumel.
From EWR you can fly direct to Grand Cayman, Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao, Turks&Caicos, and St Lucia, plus dome other places with lesser diving.
From JFK, you can fly direct to Aruba/Curacao, Grand Cayman, T&C, St Lucia, St Vincent, etc.

Reactions: Doc
No direct flights from NYC to Cozumel.
From EWR you can fly direct to Grand Cayman, Aruba/Bonaire/Curacao, Turks&Caicos, and St Lucia, plus dome other places with lesser diving.
From JFK, you can fly direct to Aruba/Curacao, Grand Cayman, T&C, St Lucia, St Vincent, etc.
How do you go direct JFK-St Vincent?

May be too far, but Albany does direct to Coz. If you go up the night prior and stay at best western Albany airport inn, they do extended parking right at the hotel. At least they did in 2019.

May be too far, but Albany does direct to Coz. If you go up the night prior and stay at best western Albany airport inn, they do extended parking right at the hotel. At least they did in 2019.
Not any more. here are the direct flights to COZ:
1676076950101.png

Anyone have any idea why there are no non-stop flights from NYC area to Coz? Lots to Cancun. I hate bag-drag and transitting in IAH even more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom