Diveyak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy! I have two questions. On is about yak, and the the other, having just joined this morning, is can you tell me how to put in a general post so all the diveyak people can read my question at once? I've been learning to be fish for 30 years, but am still a dinosaur in the computer! So far, I'm sending replies to each party. Does this mean (whoops) that Im clogging up the thread each time I do that? Thanks so much. Here's the yak question:

Alan,
I am interested. Would you mind addressing my question below? Thanks, Peter 707) 829-0776 (San Francisco Northbay).

I want to get a diveyak. I am in California, and have seen the (black) model, as well as (pictures of) the yellow and white model 2020 with amidships dive hatch that takes a 3.5hp motor -- the one I'm more interested in. If you have had the experience personally, have you tried paddling a 2 seat diveyak solo? Would that not be a good idea? I am asking because I thought it might be a good idea to have a seat to share with different buddies, but also go alone for pole fishing or just paddling around (I only buddy dive). Thanks and best wishes!
Peter

peterthewolf:
SNIP...can you tell me how to put in a general post so all the diveyak people can read my question at once?
You're doing fine.
peterthewolf:
SNIP...have you tried paddling a 2 seat diveyak solo?
The tandem BLACK diveyak handles *better* solo than it does with two because of the weight of the front person. Tanks and gear up there aren't as heavy as a person, so if you loaded gear up front and behind you it wouldn't be any problem. I would always recommend buying the tandem model rather than the single model.

The black SOT ("sit on top") is a little more comfortable to paddle than the SINK ("sit in kayak") gray model. No motor really practical for the black model, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom