DIVI Flamingo: what is the present condition of dive pier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Luis H

Luis H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

Does anyone know the present condition of the dive pier at DIVI Flamingo?

How are the repairs coming? Are they working on it?

Any predictions of when will it be back in service?

If dive pier is still not in working condition:

What are they doing as an alternative for boat diving and shore diving?

Are they still using the south pier?

What are they doing for the customers dive gear lockers?

Where do they keep the tanks for shore diving?

How about night dives from shore? Do they have temporary gear lockers that is easily accessible after hours?

We have a group going in just a few months.

One of the biggest selling points of DIVI was their super convenient dive gear locker at the end of the pier. We are bit concerned about the present condition of the facility.

Thanks in advance for any information.

They were targeting March to be back to normal, but with everything being on island time, it’d be best to temper your expectations. It’s possible they will still be running dive ops from the complete opposite end of resort you’re used to! (Woodwind dock). The team is doing everything they can, but labor/materials and island time. Don’t take it out on the dive shop, they’re all doing their best! Complain to corporate if you must. The damage is extensive across the whole West coast.

Your best bet is to email the dive shop directly versus second hand accounts here.

dive@diviflamingo.com

Here’s a look from Christmas!

Attachments

• 2ABCC2B4-0304-4C12-B8C7-E17C6D921F46.jpeg
    2ABCC2B4-0304-4C12-B8C7-E17C6D921F46.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 336
Here’s some more pics/footage from the original storm!

Attachments

• PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-22-25.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-22-25.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 106
  • PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-22-25 2.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-22-25 2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 97
  • PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 107
  • PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14 2.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 93
  • PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14 3.jpg
    PHOTO-2022-12-08-22-29-14 3.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 116

Does anyone know the present condition of the dive pier at DIVI Flamingo?

How are the repairs coming? Are they working on it?

Any predictions of when will it be back in service?

If dive pier is still not in working condition:

What are they doing as an alternative for boat diving and shore diving?

Are they still using the south pier?

What are they doing for the customers dive gear lockers?

Where do they keep the tanks for shore diving?

How about night dives from shore? Do they have temporary gear lockers that is easily accessible after hours?

We have a group going in just a few months.

One of the biggest selling points of DIVI was their super convenient dive gear locker at the end of the pier. We are bit concerned about the present condition of the facility.

Thanks in advance for any information.
what happened to the dock and when?

I just got back from DIVI Flamingo on Saturday (11th). The 'old' dive pier is still closed. I was told the new pier is being assembled in the Netherlands and will be shipped down. There is no estimate of when it will be done because 'island time'.

As for the South Pier, there are lockers on it as well as a gear room nearby. There's a door code to it so you're able to access your gear whenever you want. For folks who have lockers by the damaged pier, there's little wagons you can toss your gear in and walk over. It's not that inconvenient in the scheme of things.

Tanks for shore diving are kept right on the south pier. There's usually some weights floating around, too, so it's easy to make adjustments.

We had some folks ask if they can dive under the damaged pier and the answer was a resounding no.

I just got back from DIVI Flamingo on Saturday (11th). The 'old' dive pier is still closed. I was told the new pier is being assembled in the Netherlands and will be shipped down. There is no estimate of when it will be done because 'island time'.

As for the South Pier, there are lockers on it as well as a gear room nearby. There's a door code to it so you're able to access your gear whenever you want. For folks who have lockers by the damaged pier, there's little wagons you can toss your gear in and walk over. It's not that inconvenient in the scheme of things.

Tanks for shore diving are kept right on the south pier. There's usually some weights floating around, too, so it's easy to make adjustments.

We had some folks ask if they can dive under the damaged pier and the answer was a resounding no.
Were you in the hotel or timeshare section? That was my one annoyance when staying at the timeshare section, that unless we purchased some dive package or something we couldn't otherwise rent/use the dive lockers as timeshare guests.

Look I don't want to use your dive op, that's what Dive Friends is for, but I don't mind paying a little to use the gear lockers.

They were targeting March to be back to normal, but with everything being on island time, it’d be best to temper your expectations. It’s possible they will still be running dive ops from the complete opposite end of resort you’re used to! (Woodwind dock). The team is doing everything they can, but labor/materials and island time. Don’t take it out on the dive shop, they’re all doing their best! Complain to corporate if you must. The damage is extensive across the whole West coast.

Your best bet is to email the dive shop directly versus second hand accounts here.

dive@diviflamingo.com

Here’s a look from Christmas!

Thanks for the information and for the pictures.

I am planning on emailing the dive shop, but I wanted to hear the opinion of others about the situation.

I also appreciate the pictures you posted.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, diving under a damaged pier doesn't sound like a good idea.

Who gets the lockers and who gets to use the gear room? Do you share the gear room with other guests?

We had a very bad experience years ago at Buddy Dive when they used to have a big gear room shared by all the guests. One of the members in my group even lost the inflator hose in their BCD.

Thanks

Were you in the hotel or timeshare section? That was my one annoyance when staying at the timeshare section, that unless we purchased some dive package or something we couldn't otherwise rent/use the dive lockers as timeshare guests.

Look I don't want to use your dive op, that's what Dive Friends is for, but I don't mind paying a little to use the gear lockers.
I was at the hotel.

We are staying in the studio rooms at the north end of the resort, but we are booking like hotel guests. AFAIK, I don't think we are considered "timeshare guests". We are booking full lodging and dive packages, so I am hoping that what you are referring to doesn't apply to us.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom