DIVI Flamingo: what is the present condition of dive pier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Luis H

Luis H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
DIVI Flamingo: what is the present condition of dive pier?

Does anyone know the present condition of the dive pier at DIVI Flamingo?

How are the repairs coming? Are they working on it?

Any predictions of when will it be back in service?

If dive pier is still not in working condition:

What are they doing as an alternative for boat diving and shore diving?

Are they still using the south pier?

What are they doing for the customers dive gear lockers?

Where do they keep the tanks for shore diving?

How about night dives from shore? Do they have temporary gear lockers that is easily accessible after hours?

We have a group going in just a few months.

One of the biggest selling points of DIVI was their super convenient dive gear locker at the end of the pier. We are bit concerned about the present condition of the facility.

Thanks in advance for any information.

what happened to the dock and when?

We were there last September and everything was normal. My understanding is that the week after we left they had some storms and wave action on the west side that caused a lot of damage.

the week after we left they had some storms and wave action on the west side that caused a lot of damage.
The depression system that created Hurricane Ian, the deadliest hurricane to hit Florida since 1935, is why there is no dive dock.

I have video of waves rolling into the resort you’d never believe, but this site is too ancient to let me attach them, DM me your email if you care.. Imagine waves running over the sidewalk on the main strip (in front of Luciano’s), because they were.

If you’re staying in the studios maybe pack a RAZR scooter to zip down to the dock after breakfast, and hope you never forget something in the room 😂

The depression system that created Hurricane Ian, the deadliest hurricane to hit Florida since 1935, is why there is no dive dock.

I have video of waves rolling into the resort you’d never believe, but this site is too ancient to let me attach them, DM me your email if you care.. Imagine waves running over the sidewalk on the main strip (in front of Luciano’s), because they were.

If you’re staying in the studios maybe pack a RAZR scooter to zip down to the dock after breakfast, and hope you never forget something in the room 😂

I just sent you a PM with my email address.

The distance between the north and south pier is about 850 ft.

We have been staying in the studios in part because of the convenience of being close to the dive pier.

Thanks for all the replies

as forgetfull as I am, I will be making a lot of walks back and forth - at least I will burn off some of the calories from the bonaire cheese balls.

@Luis H work your magic to make sure we get the lockers at the south pier in May! :)

as forgetfull as I am, I will be making a lot of walks back and forth - at least I will burn off some of the calories from the bonaire cheese balls.

@Luis H work your magic to make sure we get the lockers at the south pier in May! :)

:)

Why, you (@Scotttyd )don’t like it when one of the clueless guest takes one of your booties and you have to dive the whole week with a mismatched pair of booties? Or even worse, when we find that some of the other resort guests are right down thieves and steal items in the communal locker room?

That communal locker room was one of the reasons why we don’t use that resort anymore. They finally changed their locker arrangement, but it was too little, too late.

:)

Why, you (@Scotttyd )don’t like it when one of the clueless guest takes one of your booties and you have to dive the whole week with a mismatched pair of booties? Or even worse, when we find that some of the other resort guests are right down thieves and steal items in the communal locker room?

That communal locker room was one of the reasons why we don’t use that resort anymore. They finally changed their locker arrangement, but it was too little, too late.
at least that time the guy had the same booty size as me so it worked out!

Funny thing, a similiar thing just happened to me skiing in Montana - I put my skis out and went in for lunch, I came back out and as I was looking for mine a guy came up to me and said "sorry I think these might be yours" He had similar looking skis that binders fit him, he grabbed them and skied a run before realizing they weren't his and happened to come back right at the same time I came out looking for mine.

I had Cousins stay at the Divi in Jan and when I went to pick them up. there was 2 workers that just walked out of the dive shop. I asked when that new dock would be done. The one guy said they are using the other dock for now. Its where the Woodwind goes from. He said it will probably be like 2025 when the new dock is done. The other guy said: or maybe 2030!!! I thought that was Hillarious!!!!!

Wow, I didn't realize Ian affected Bonaire! We were there when Bonnie passed by but it was nothing like the video above! I'm booking another trip for mid-November, hopefully no more hurricanes touch the island this year! Hope the dock is done by then.

Back
Top Bottom