DIVI Flamingo: what is the present condition of dive pier?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Luis H

Luis H

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
DIVI Flamingo: what is the present condition of dive pier?

Does anyone know the present condition of the dive pier at DIVI Flamingo?

How are the repairs coming? Are they working on it?

Any predictions of when will it be back in service?

If dive pier is still not in working condition:

What are they doing as an alternative for boat diving and shore diving?

Are they still using the south pier?

What are they doing for the customers dive gear lockers?

Where do they keep the tanks for shore diving?

How about night dives from shore? Do they have temporary gear lockers that is easily accessible after hours?

We have a group going in just a few months.

One of the biggest selling points of DIVI was their super convenient dive gear locker at the end of the pier. We are bit concerned about the present condition of the facility.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Anyone has any updates on the dive pier?

Anyone has any updates on the dive pier?
I was there a week ago and they JUST started working on it. Talking to the dive master, they now have all the supplies and permits. No idea how long the total work will take, but they did have a scaffolding in the water and small differences were notice the last couple days there.

I was very disturbed by the condition of the reefs. Between the hard coral disease and the coral bleaching, as well as the lack of much of the sea life, it was pretty sad compared to previous years.

I was there a week ago and they JUST started working on it. Talking to the dive master, they now have all the supplies and permits. No idea how long the total work will take, but they did have a scaffolding in the water and small differences were notice the last couple days there.

I was very disturbed by the condition of the reefs. Between the hard coral disease and the coral bleaching, as well as the lack of much of the sea life, it was pretty sad compared to previous years.

That is great!

Getting the permits was the big deal. I have seen them work down there and they move right along if they have the materials and permits.

This is great news.

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone has any updates on the progress of the Divi dive pier?

I would love to see some pictures of the progress of new pier if you have any.

Thanks

Does anyone has any updates on the progress of the Divi dive pier?

I would love to see some pictures of the progress of new pier if you have any.

Thanks
I emailed the General Manager of the property a couple days ago with this exact question. Her response: "We are making progress. They have installed the steel beams onto the platform this week. We hope the dock will be completed by the end of April. Fingers Crossed."

I saw this picture about two weeks ago. It was talking about the Yoga class, but we can see in the background, some progress on the new pier.

This was at least two weeks ago, does anyone has any newer pictures?

417450602_896066989190505_3692159567617676464_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom