Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jhelmuth:
Lori,

Came back from our trip with a guy wh stayed at Divi and paid for the Nikon school. I can't comment on Divi (we went to BRBR), but I'll relay the synopsis on the Nikon school from the guy I spoke with. (if this is the "film" school) "they took his money, then canceled the class (for lack of enrollment), then refunded "part" of his money and gave him the "self-study" course. Needles to say he was pretty P'd. Their explaination: Film is out, their enrollment is drastically going down and they are thinking of no longer taking any film students.

Remember - this comes to me direct, but second hand. If you're doing the film school, you may want to know what you might get.

WOW! That's the pits. Me and my buddy did Nikon School last year...(this original post is rather old) and had a great experience with the class. The instructor was top notch and well respected in the field. (Frank Fennell) I do know that the photo shop at Divi offers the classes when Frank doesn't, so who can say really welshed on his class. I'm sorry to hear that he got a raw deal. There were 5 in the class I was in and I've used my Nikonos several times since, in quarries, caves and cenotes. I personally don't think film is dead, as digital storage is still subject to being obsolete way too soon. Besides digital doesn't come close to the contrast and saturation of professional slide film.

Okay....stepping down from my soapbox!

Tim Ingersoll:
Just kidding! And by the way I am very sensitive about my underoos!

Superman or Spidey????

BTW, I am originally from Phelps.....know it?

-hh:
What vexes me just as much as their refusal to adequately resource this rennovation has been the basic lack of the courtesy of a written letter of notification from Divi HQ as to what's going on, and what they are going to do for compensation for failing to meet their contractoral obligations.
-hh

hh...

Sorry to hear you're having the same clerical issues with HQ that we had.

Will they ever get it together??? (rhetorical at best....)

I am leaving for Cayman Brac Saturday the 22nd of May. This is my 14th trip since 1993. The Brac and Little Cayman are my favorite walls in the world. They manage the reefs and the vis is always great. Lots of Micro Shots. I prefer Brac reef Resort next door but Divi is great also. Ed Beaty at Brac Reef Photo next door is a great photographer that can assist you if you need advise. The weather is almost always perfect this time of the year and the water temp is always 83 to 85 degrees. Do not take a lot of clothes ( swim suit,shorts and t-shirts). The food is great. Just remember that on the Brac you eat, sleep, and dive. So take a good book. I will be there for two weeks and will leave you a note at the bar at Divi..................Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom