Diving a PST HP80 VS an SPT HP100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonscubas

Contributor
Reaction score
Does it really make that much of a difference? I've dove the PST HP100 and the PST HP80, and although the 100 holds more air, that sucker is still heavy, I like to be able to move underwater and the HP 80 affords that luxury to manuever and ease up on the kicking effort.

The air consumption seems very close between the two for whatever reason, maybe 10-12 minutes difference for my regular recreational style diving. I just like looking around, checking out the sites, some hunting.

I dive dry, so maybe that's why my air consumption hasn't been so bad.

I think I'm quite happy with the 80. I was one of the first to get the PST 119, I sold that thing quick, it's a monster. I could only imagine what the PST 130 is like. It was heck on a beach dive.

What are your experiences with diving with smaller tanks? I rarely exceed 80 ftsw. I just feel less drag now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom