Diving Advice, February 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A year from now my friend and I will be diving in the Maldives. I'm thinking of stopping in Thailand on the way back to the US to dive for several days, also. I've never been there and would appreciate any recommendations for where to dive. I am an underwater photographer, specializing in macro, but I also shoot the big stuff. Thanks!

You should plan to stay in Thailand a wee bit longer. This is a fascinated country with plenty to offer both above and below water.
At this time of yr it is the LoB to Similan. Koh Lanta is also exceedingly good.

For an underwater photographer then you ought to consider Lambeh over in Indonesia. Nothing like that in the Kingdom.
Decision.

I've decided to do a 7-day liveaboard. Any suggestions?

If you do photography, look at The Smiling Seahorse. The owner/operator is a photographer himself, the boat has a well-appointed camera room, and they're the only operator in Thailand that I know of who do regular blackwater dives (at least one per trip).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom