Diving Akumal Area...suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike, not to beat a dead horse, but I am quite interested in having you explain how/where/why you had the impression that "technically" an OW student could dive in a Cenote? As someone who is quite concerned about diver safety in the Caves (which includes the Cavern zone) it seems to me that if you had such an idea, others might also. I believe you now understand your concept was wrong, but it would be nice to know how to ensure others don't get the same misinformation.

BTW, Thanks Dennis -- hope to see you the next time we are down there (whenever that may be).

My mistake. I probably read it here on these forums somewhere. Or miss-read it.

I have been fortunate enough to dive a few Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen. Always used a guide. Great DMs/Insts. Very affordable.

Cenotes are fun and addictive. Especially when you are with someone who knows them thoroughly.

I would not even consider doing this on my own. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the advice, folks! I appreciate the feedback.

Howler

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom