Diving and helicopter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"D" was never a good recommendation, a new "D" diver is good to go to 8,000 feet but a "D" diver about to step over into "E" is not. So we moved that to recommending you be a "C" diver. But all that references 8,000 feet, way above where your concern lies.

First thing I would do is check with the air service you are or may be called to fly with. I would also think that if you live in the US, the FAA may also have generic flying orders regulating ''commercial'' flying with diving. I know that Armed Forces do have some flying order regulating flying after abnormal pressure exposure (ie diving). As a member of such organization you would need to satisfy as a minimum the regulation you are subject to and then add up any additional no-fly time dictated by your diving computer.

Please keep us posted on what you find out. I am going back to school right now to get my RN and I also want to work on a helicoper. So this info would be a a great help.:D

"D" was never a good recommendation, a new "D" diver is good to go to 8,000 feet but a "D" diver about to step over into "E" is not. So we moved that to recommending you be a "C" diver. But all that references 8,000 feet, way above where your concern lies.

yes and no. I flew rotor-wing medevac (1990-2001) keeping altitudes of 1500-2000 (routinely). BUT, once we had to abort due to closing weather and found ourselves climbing to keep above the closing weather (on radar with ATC). We eventually topped out at 10,000'. We then flew IFR to the airport.

So, while, ROUTINELY would be OK, as a crew member, you MUST be aware of the potentials (we didn't PLAN on 10,000', that's just where the safe area was).

To answer the OP, I would keep at LEAST 24 hrs between "bottle and throttle" (yes, I know that phrase is designed for "other" bottles, but it has worked well for me). Remember the FIRST rule of rescue - NEVER BE THE VICTIM!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom