Diving and Rainy Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no lightning? Then I'd go... If its in the ocean and the wind is blowing hard - I might skip it - it might just get blown out anyway!

Rain has never stopped me. Lightning storms- well that's another story.

However, when I was a bit dumber and new to diving, we got caught in a lightning storm while under. It was an awesome dive seeing the show from below. It was also a bit intimidating knowing I had aluminum strapped to by back and was running low on air and had to surface before reaching the beach. Just as we got out the storm passed.

It is one of the coolest sights to see the raindrops hitting the surface from below. Just turn over for a while and watch for the people that haven't tried it and you will see what I mean.

I have never had a dive buddy willing, but it would be like watching a sunrise from underneath the water. I hear that is a beautiful sight as well.

Back
Top Bottom