Diving around Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the dive with Epcot Dive Quest last week on February 22, 2005 and I believe that I wasted $140.
It was not what I was expecting; I saw only one shark, no sea turtles, no rays, and they had less than 100 fish around.
It was nice to dive and wave to my family who were watching from inside the aquarium, and the photographer taped them from inside the pool. Many people taped us and took our pictures as we swam closer to them.
After the dive, while we were watching ourselves on the video (of course they offer the video for sale for $35) they just taped, I expressed to the tour person how I felt about the dive.
The manager of the aquarium came after the video and told us that they had a problem with the pool and they had to move the animals from it to protect them. He gave interesting details, from which I learned a lot about the animals in the pool environment.
At the end he offered the DVD for free and gave us a certificate to come and dive again at Epcot Dive Quest for free.
I do not want to be a crybaby, but I think that the certificate is useless because I do not live in Florida and I do not know when I will visit Disney again.

I went to Jupiter with scuba board member EANx40 and I was lucky enough to dive with him.
We dived in Walt’s Reef and Mike’s Reef. The visibility was 100+ feet and the water temperature was 73 at 90 feet.
Three marine biologists were in the boat and they were on a mission to study and tag sharks. To me it was a good experience to watch them doing their job surrounded by a lot sharks.
I wish that my vacation was longer so I could dive in Jupiter again.

washow88,

"I do not want to be a crybaby, but I think that the certificate is useless because I do not live in Florida and I do not know when I will visit Disney again."

Hey I will gladly take the certificate off your hands, since I am heading down to Florida from 19-27 March. I imagine being Disney they wrote your name all over it so no one else can use it. Although it is a very controlled environment, diving in an aquarium would definitely be an experience to do at least once. I tried unsuccessfully this year to become a volunteer diver at the National Aquarium in Baltimore but I will try again next year.

I am scheduled to dive with Ocean Divers in Key Largo on March 22-23. I am hoping to get one more dive day in either the 20th or 26th, maybe with a Florida Conch Diver.

Pedro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom