diving at Delray Beach area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elkridge100:
Hi, I will be coming down to Delray Beach in the first part of May. Is the diving in that area good or would it be better to drive down to the keys. There are six of us from Utah and a couple of them have never been to Florida to dive. I want them to have a great experience. Thanks for any suggestions or info.

I would go a bit north to start my choice is West Palm Beach, and on its south side is Boynton Beach this area has some world class reefs.and some outstanding beach areas but lacks the major hotels so you may have to drive a bit-not far.
as they have long sections of reefs & wrecks unlike the patch reefs a bit south,one good opp and dive shop in Boynton is =
www.splashdowndivers.com
and there are several others in the area too!Then I would do a dive trip out of like Pompano beach, then do a road trip to Key Largo and wrap the trip up!
Then you can make the call on what area you liked the most as the vis and water temps are usually GREAT!
3 things,
rental cars are nuts in Florida as they start out cheap and tax the *** out of them,off water hotels motels are a lot less $$$$ so dive more and see the water diving! and the last thing the folks in Florida are some Great folks to dive with so don't be afraid to ask questions!
Dive safe,
Brad

We have a resident manatee down that way: goes by the name of MB here on ScubaBoard. He can give you the low down if he ever gets the lake water rinsed out of his BC from last Friday! :D

Delray Beach has some of the best diving in South Florida. All of the local dive boats go out of Boynton Inlet, and you can dive either north or south which is Boynton Beach, or deep south which is Delray Beach. All excellent diving wherever you go from here, but Delray is a longer boat ride, weather permitting. Here are some underwater pictures of local diving. Just ask if you need any more specific information. Dan

64073040-M.jpg

64073011-M.jpg

64073049-M.jpg

64073020-M.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom