Diving at Gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I cannot post here what I would like to about sinuses other than they can silently ruin a great weekend of diving. We were in good company but conditions outside compiled with clearing issues made for a very short dive trip. DARN WEATHER!

:fury:

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Sorry I didn't make it to say Hi at Gilboa. Last minute changes in plans left us at Whitestar to meet up with a friend driving in from Pittsburg. Whitestar's also allot closer to home for Scooter and I (15 minute drive), so with the cold blustery weather it was nice to not travel so far.

Viz at Whitestar was about 30ft, with a water temp of 43°F. We manage a 93 minute dive to a max depth of 71 ft that included practice of things like stage bottle drop and recovery. Although not our longest dive of the year (actually 4th longest), it was our longest cold water dive (all others were in 70 degree water.)

We probably could have held out longer, but my buddy's 3 "pre-dive coffees" called the dive. :D Oh well... ya gotta surface sometime. :)

Hope the water conditions were satisfactory where you were.

wb

I didn't make it out this weekend either. I was stuck home with a sick horse.

Everyone is right Mike is doing a great job at Gilboa. But me, I miss the old days. Once the teaching season gets here the place is so crowded that you can't hardly get to the water. When I'm not teaching I'll be in an uncrowded cave somewhere.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom