Diving Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divenest09

Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all. Im making a last minute trip to Cabo can anyone recomend a good shop to Dive With?I will be staying close to the Marina in Downtown.And Maby the best local Dives.
Thanks

I personally have never dove there, but a friend of mine was in Cabo a couple of months ago and dove with Cabo Deep Blue, and says its a good operation. I hope this helps. http://cabodeepblue.com/

Last edited:
We were in Cabo in early Sept. Also did diving and snorkeling with Deep Blue. They were good.

contact bajasurtours or DonnaCabo here on the board. I used them last month and for the same price as a cattle boat, I got an individualized DM, a private boat, and got to choose my dive sites. Well worth it!

Just got back from a trip to Cabo. Used Deep Blue. On the good side - Oscar is super-friendly and super-helpful. Can't say enough about the customer service. Bad side - Small boat requiring seated backroll entry and non-existant safety procedures and precautions. Not so much as a bandaid on the boat and expected open-water certified divers to go to 90 ft on first dive. On second day I watched them take a newly certified diver to 80 ft in strong surge. They also rented a broken BCD to a fellow diver that had to be manually inflated.

I did three dives with Deep Blue and then called it quits. If you are comfortable with your skills and not too concerned with safety (don't even get me started on all the wave runners and panga boats speeding all over the place!) then you'll be OK. Just be aware that you have to be absolutely responsible for your own safety. It's a free-for-all out there and I'm surprised there aren't more accidents. Deep Blue DMs were very skilled and experienced. I think it's just the Cabo diving environment. Not my cup of tea. It was like the Wild West of diving.

You might also want to check out Manta Scuba. I think they're the "big dogs" in Cabo. Been around the longest and have nice big boats.

The dive sites off Cabo are all very close together - Sand Falls, Pelican Rock, Neptune's Finger, Land's End, Cabo's Shipwreck. I enjoyed Land's End the most because of the sea lions. Neptune's Finger and the Sand Falls were neat for the underwater topography but limited on the critters. You can pretty much cover all the local diving in two days.

Hello Divers. I have used all the shops over the years some are good some of the time but I like the Great service I receive every time from Baja Dive.
The Dive Masters and Boat crew are always the same and I know I will get great service.
There is always Co2, First aid,Throw lines and plenty of bottled water on Board.The boat crew always loads my gear and returns it the the shop where its washed and hung to dry for the next days Diving.
The Boats are in good condtion. I Dive on the Big Boat its 40 feet has lots of shade and its wide and stable with a big ladder.
Home

I dove with Baja Dive on October 8, 2009 and I would have to say I had quite a different experience than suedownunder1. Yes, it is a big 40 foot boat but the motor was in bad shape and it took over 15 minutes of trying to get the motor started after the dive. The owner of the dive shop was my divemaster and actually dove without a computer! Since I didn't want to get stranded, I switched to Blue Adventures next door and I was pleased with the boat, and dive master. BTW Sue, you want O2 (oxygen) on the boat, not CO2 (carbon dioxide) as you described in the previous post.:wink:

Here are my pics from cabo san lucas, cabo pulmo, and la Paz.
Cabo LaPaz, Mexico Oct 8 - 13, 2009 - a set on Flickr

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I needed a Cabo infusion.
If you haven't left yet, I have used Amigos Del Mar and DonnaCabo and liked them both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom