Diving Concepts Drysuits??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a Neo Z that is a super suit for the $. I like it lots better than my old Andy's damp suit. It swims more like a wetsuit and is dry. It has held up well for about 75 or so dives that I have in it. In warmer water, I'll dive it with just a long sleeved UA shirt and shorts. In colder water (down to about 40 F), I wear 200 g polarfleece over a set of UA coldgear and I am fine.

Jackie

I have about 200 dives on a Pinnacle 200 that I bought used. It's starting to show it's age- the neoprene is a turning a faded, brownish color. I've only been in the pool once, so I suspect it is from exposure to sunlight. I have replaced the neckseal, but the zipper is the original heavy duty zipper and still dry. I have drygloves with the suit rings and no inner latex seal. It did get a leak in the crotch around the seams, but the suit is probably 5 years old, so I just slapped some aquaseal on it and it's fine.

I'm thinking of getting another drysuit- I would buy another DC suit- I'm just not sure if I want another neoprene suit or a shell suit. I'm leaning towards the neoprene suit for the fit, durability, and warmth.

I found out that you have to be quite a booberella to fit into Diving Concepts' drysuits. You better not be tall and skinnyish that is for sure. Their sizing ended before my numbers came up (5'7" for XXL and I do not need XXL!)

Also, I see you are from my neighbourhood - you won't find DC suits in shops locally. One guy can get them but you won't have a chance to try... Then again, he sells DUI for awesome prices, so I did not care in the end :)

P.S. Do you mean you only do a few local/cold water dives a year? I'd opt for something more travel-friendly than neo-suit if I was you. I burn even in my shell suit on Lake George when on shore/boat. I can't imagine what would happen in a heavier neo-suit. But just my opinion :)

Well, thats LOADS of great feedback on these suits so its definitely starting to sound like they may be the way to go

piikki:
I found out that you have to be quite a booberella to fit into Diving Concepts' drysuits. You better not be tall and skinnyish that is for sure. Their sizing ended before my numbers came up (5'7" for XXL and I do not need XXL!)

Yeah, the sizings are a bit wierd! I'm 5'8" and skinny so I'd have to think custom anyway. I don't think my boobs are even remotely big enough to fill an XXL:rofl3:

piikki:
Also, I see you are from my neighbourhood - you won't find DC suits in shops locally. One guy can get them but you won't have a chance to try... Then again, he sells DUI for awesome prices, so I did not care in the end :)

If you can recommed a guy/store in this area that gets good prices on suits then I would prefer that - support the local dive shop and all that

piikki:
P.S. Do you mean you only do a few local/cold water dives a year? I'd opt for something more travel-friendly than neo-suit if I was you. I burn even in my shell suit on Lake George when on shore/boat. I can't imagine what would happen in a heavier neo-suit. But just my opinion :)

I've just spent 5 years teaching in the Caribbean so everything I have is wet, I'm just getting back into local diving and refuse to do it wet. Neoprene or tri-lam. is my big quandry at the moment, I'm trying to figure if I'll drag it around the country enough to warrant one or the other:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom