Diving doubles at Troy springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where is a good place to dive OW that is doubles friendly? I'm passing thru the area and will be meeting and old buddy to do some OW springs diving... mainly to knock some rust off and just enjoy the clear water.

ask again about orange grove before you go - we were in the area last week & word was you needed to tie in to the steps because it was black dark all the way to the cave entrance. of course, that could have changed by now, but ask.

So I've read that they don't like you doing with full cave gear at troy springs, but I wasn't sure if they cared about just using doubles or not? I'm going there with an Intermediate scuba class ( SSI AOW) through school just for fun and while everyone is there to do their "Deep" dive I was going to just be using my doubles rig and get more practice but wanted to make sure they won't care if i'm in doubles or not?

The rangers will not mind you diving with double tanks. They will mind if you carry any lights.

The rangers will not mind you diving with double tanks. They will mind if you carry any lights.
I guess they didn't notice...

hahah-:wink:--very often they do not notice. If they do notice they have been instructed to ask us to not take lights in there.

There's a park ranger at Catfish Hotel, [Manatee Springs] w/an attitude about not letting people in unless their buddy is w/them...and cell service there [AT&T] is non-existent.......

Thanks for the information everyone! We'll be at manatee for a day or two so I might try to get a dive in during the evenings. Anyone going to be there Nov.2-4th? :D I'm not sure what day i'll be there yet though.

There's a park ranger at Catfish Hotel, [Manatee Springs] w/an attitude about not letting people in unless their buddy is w/them...and cell service there [AT&T] is non-existent.......
Glad to hear it!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom