Diving Erie, PA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi ya'll! I am visiting my parents the end of July, and would love to dive in or near Lake Erie. Any decent diving near Erie, PA, or within a couple hours drive? Thanks in advance. Oh, and anybody want to join me and DiverBrian?

Edited: July 28... added for ease of finding the info.
I am thinking maybe a 9:30 show, 10:00 go. Sites planned are 110 and 60 ft wrecks, with an hour SI. We need to bring our own food and drink.
Charge is $55 per person, cash to Dave. Call him at 814-725-1945 and tell him you are with Scubaboard, and diving on July 30.

Scuba_Jenny:
Hi ya'll! I am visiting my parents the end of July, and would love to dive in or near Lake Erie. Any decent diving near Erie, PA, or within a couple hours drive? Thanks in advance. Oh, and anybody want to join me and DiverBrian?

Ohhh my god ! My life is going to be complete. You bet you A#$, I will baby :D Erie PA is only 1 hour away.

I may!! See what kind of $$ I have then.....

Hmm...Am I smelling an official LED dive? :14:

Depending on the actual date(s) I may be up for joining in on the fun and diving. My parents (and grandparents) have been asking for a visit and they're in Clarion, PA. & if it doesn't work in conjunction with visiting my family Erie isn't all that much farther from Detroit than Gilboa.

Keep me up to date as the plans are formed, please.
Paula

WOW! Great responses! This is soo cool! The date looks to be Saturday July 31. Talked to Dad tonight and he suggested (without much prodding) that camping there is fine. They live down in the valley by a crick, and there is plenty of room for tents. Also, on Sunday there is a Crick Walk (after an outdoor mass). This is a big occassion, and lots of the family and friends will be there. Of course all are welcome to walk the crick and hang out for the cook out and tell stories or whatever. Attendence at the crick walk could number 100 or more, so what's a few more ScubaBoarders? More fun!

Jenny,

This is the first that I heard you say END of July. I have a charter for Whitefish Point in Lake Superior already paid for on July 30 and 31. This is the charter that I was getting my Normoxic cert to do, so blowing this one off is out of the question.

Help, because I want to make this group too!

By the way, calendar says Saturday is the thirtieth and Sunday is the thirty-first.

Oh no Brian! This is a real bummer! I was looking so forward to diving with you again. I can't really change the weekend, well except to correct the date from the 31st, to the 30th. Dang. This is disappointing.

Reasonably close to Erie is Jim Herbert's Osprey Charter operation in Westfield, NY... just east of the state line. Jim's boat leaves from Barcelona Marina and he runs a tight operation. Best contact website

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom