Diving Haiti

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Stephen & Stephen,

We are fine, thank you. What about you? We were told Cayman Islands are beautiful: Diving there must be great.

We too hope to welcome Scubaboarders one day on our Great Wall in Gonave Island, going down from 35 to 3,000 Feet. It is impressive! No big fish, but many small colorful tropical ones and a very rich underwater vegetation.

Also thanks for contacting us. We do appreciate.

Best regards,
Nicole & Jose

Nicole & Jose,

It is great to hear from you! I hope you are doing well. I am going to be there August 2-9th unless something changes. Our plan after that is to come back in February with a scientist from Canada to conduct some studies of the reef conditions. We are looking to work with fishermen just up the road from you in Montrouis, if we can secure tilapia ponds. I know of some abandoned ones just north of town there, across from the dried up lake. Any advice or knowledge you want to pass along to us in starting this work, by all means let me know. You can email me directly at gofish at bigfishmissions.com. Bondye Beni Ou! Bondye Beni Haiti!

Last edited:
Hi there Nicole and Jose!

I am going to Haiti April 10-14 2013 for some conservation work. I have one day to dive. My husband and I are looking to dive in Haiti April 11 Thur. We are staying at Moulin Sur Mer. Can we arrange diving with you? I would LOVE to dive the Great Wall. Both my husband and I are experienced, active Dive Masters with over 250 dives in our logs.

You can reach me at Reeses3Pieces@sbcglobal.net

Thanks in advance!

Peace,
Jess Reese

Hi Stephen & Stephen,

We are fine, thank you. What about you? We were told Cayman Islands are beautiful: Diving there must be great.

We too hope to welcome Scubaboarders one day on our Great Wall in Gonave Island, going down from 35 to 3,000 Feet. It is impressive! No big fish, but many small colorful tropical ones and a very rich underwater vegetation.

Also thanks for contacting us. We do appreciate.

Best regards,
Nicole & Jose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom