diving in Alaska or Yukon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe there is only one place to go for a Dive charter and that is Scott at Dive Alaska., He is located in Anchorage but keeps his boat in Seward and runs charters from there. There are however water taxi's that you are just hiring the ride to the locations. You have to get all of your Air and gear in Anchorage as there are no dive shops in Seward. In anchorage I believe you have 3 maybe 4 options with Dive Alaska included in the mix.

So the "water taxi" is most likely a charter arranged through a shop then? That makes the most sense although the thought of just dropping anchor and rolling in anywhere really adds to the adventure.

Not quite. He likely means getting a water taxi out to Fox Island in Resurrection Bay (maybe some other spots) so you can camp on the spit with all your gear and tanks and do some shore dives. I haven't done it myself, but there are A LOT of campers, kayakers, fishermen, etc who get dropped off in remote parts of the Bay, so there wouldn't be any lack of water taxi operations that would be happy to drop off and pick up, even if they didn't know a thing about diving. If you didn't want to camp, you could likely arrange to be dropped off in the morning and picked up at night. (It doesn't really get dark in the summer, which makes logistics easier.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom