Diving in Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug:
Where is Betton Island, Sherp?

Sorry, long time no read. Betton is off the north end of Revillagigedo Island (Ketchikan's island). Tides are very iffy, but the diving is awesome. We are heading up there in a few hours and should have a wonderful time. I'll post a report when I get back to hot and overcrowded florida.

RaiderSwim:
I'm looking for a good dive shop/charter in Juneau, Skagway, or Ketchigan, Alaska. We will be traveling on a cruise ship and port in these cities. Any help in finding a great place to dive the Yukon is greatly appreciated!
I saw a dive place in Ketichigan 62 divers something like that they said they have good wrecks and good visability there too..cold water thereStephen

Just to clarify for anyone interested, Island Fever Diving *is not* related to the bad dive shop/ instructor that has been around southeast for years.
If you are in Sitka, Island Fever is the one you want. Brian is an exceptional dive instructor, and both he and his wife Michelle are fantastic to work with.

No - I am not affiliated....

hmmm, as for Island Fever Dive Shop, I have never had worse service anywhere else. I have also told warned others about this dive shop before they went. They went anyways and got screwed bad. They will never go back, nor will I. I always get asked how I manage to keep diving when they are the only dive shop in town. Well thats the great thing about internet and UPS and having your own compressor/tanks.
Dont say you havent been warned.

Sitka Diver - sorry, but you are full of it. I saw on your website that you used to hang out with Will.... did he have the same views of Island Fever? I doubt it.

Loser

seakdivers:
Sitka Diver - sorry, but you are full of it. I saw on your website that you used to hang out with Will.... did he have the same views of Island Fever? I doubt it.

Loser
That was last year..I would never step foot in that shop again....He is the biggest rip off I have ever seen...Gloves had a small hole in them after a few weeks of diving...He said u r a com. diver im not replacing them...Went home and called the Harvs. and they sent me bran new gloves no Q. asked(Nothing like the remarks I got from the dive shop owers)Then the computer I bought from the shop a while back...Oceanic told me to take it to wheare ever I bought it and have them send it in....He told me that I didnt buy that from that shop witch I did..I took it to Clay the old dive shop owner he sent it in and they sent me a new computer...Had many people off the streets tell me his prices our outragus and his customer service sucks....Like this ordered an Ikelite housing and two ds-125s strobes year and a half ago....When it came in weeks after he said it would be here I opened the box the housing was there and one strobe...Then had my suit shiped out through the shop what a mistake that was when it came back he didnt tell them to shorten it and the suit came back w/the wrong seals on it....I was so mad so I just grabed my suit and asked him how much do I owe u he said 870..dollars for a suit repair...So I called D.U.I and talked to Marcella to see what happened...Went through everything they did and at the top it had 190.cost Dry suit repair so I asked her what that was for she said that came from brian he added that to make extra money on somthing he just had to send and charged me 120 for shipping when D.U.I pays for one way..Thats just some of the things that he has done to me..He is a Cal. diver he cant even do two dives in a row cause he gets cold (poor baby) Ill just tell u one thing ther isnt any one in town who spend more cash than me on dive gear and eqp..And its nice that hes closed while the Quke fishing is going on..When the com. divers need him the most...That just shows u he dont care about the people that live here...He should just go back to Cal...Where he belongs....Oh and for loosers he is loosing out I just bought a new suit from Thescubatank.com and a new camera housing and got a great deal...Oh and if he does take u diving out in the boat(if there arn't any white caps)he wont even get in the water and when u come up he will say somthing like u guys shoda went the other way...Lol he is a rotten instructer just started and he is not that good..Ask the chicken why he didnt come outside the shop the last day I was there....Cause I would of shredded him in frount of his - - - - wife and kids....thats right....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom