Diving in Anilao at Planet Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first dives in Anilao were on the other side of the Calumpan peninsula, Dive N Trek, Ligpo, etc. They're ok dives, but I prefer the sites with more current like Beatrice, Bahura, and Mainit. You never know what might show up.
Bob

prandy,
Thanks for the correction. I do my best, but obviously that's not always enough. You know, they really sound like diesels and it just never occurred to me that they weren't. Thanks.

Bob

My first dives in Anilao were on the other side of the Calumpan peninsula, Dive N Trek, Ligpo, etc. They're ok dives, but I prefer the sites with more current like Beatrice, Bahura, and Mainit. You never know what might show up.
Bob

very true... i enjoy the strong current dives as well... but i'm terrible with air.. so, that's that.. haha!

we might see each other at planet dive one of these days.. i'm the guy who is always in a football jersey during surface intervals hanging around the deck.. do say hi..

Thanks for the trip report! Planet Dive just emailed me their package rate/info but didn't answer a (possibly very stupid) question of mine. When they say "unlimited shore diving" in the package, does that mean unlimited air fills? If so, that's pretty freakin sweet.

Thanks for the trip report! Planet Dive just emailed me their package rate/info but didn't answer a (possibly very stupid) question of mine. When they say "unlimited shore diving" in the package, does that mean unlimited air fills? If so, that's pretty freakin sweet.

to answer your question fuggler - yes! that means you get all the tank that you need (or air fills). pretty cool, eh?

Clarification on the unlimited shore dives; it is indeed free including tanks only after taking their boat dive package. If no boat package, then it is Php200 for 1st shore dive & Php100 for subsequent shore dives. At least this is how I was charged. On another subject: if the typhoon hits the area tonight, how would the seas be after the typhoon if I dive this Friday?

nakngtokwa, talaga?!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's great! I'm definitely considering them for our upcoming trip in November.

Clarification on the unlimited shore dives; it is indeed free including tanks only after taking their boat dive package. If no boat package, then it is Php200 for 1st shore dive & Php100 for subsequent shore dives. At least this is how I was charged. On another subject: if the typhoon hits the area tonight, how would the seas be after the typhoon if I dive this Friday?
I did that once, diving one day after storm Milenyo did its thing. The sea was flat with occasional gentle wave, viz was great in off shore sites (bahura, beatrice, sombrero). lots of floating garbage on the way to the sites, though.

Ps - viz during shore dives were not good, maalikabok.

Thanks, I suspected that much - calm waters after the storm. Will go then.

Back
Top Bottom