Diving in Brampton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwhooligan:
Im willing to bet its the same official excuse as to why you cant swim outside the swimming zone. Lawsuits or the fear of them. Ever since the kid sued the city for not having a big enough fence to stop him from riding his dirtbike where he wasnt supposed to be, Brampton errs very much on side of caution.

They already filled in the best quarry in Brampton when they built the 410.

Used to be a lot of dirtbiking going on there.

It looks like one of the BBQ places for a weekend... not sure how piranha would survive Canadian winters??

Safe Diving

StingRob:
It looks like one of the BBQ places for a weekend... not sure how piranha would survive Canadian winters??

Safe Diving

It didnt survive. Someone evidently released one into the lake and someone else caught it fishing. Then they had to check all the fish in the lake to make sure it was the only one which I believe they did by using an electric current to stun the fish, which are then supposed to float to the surface . I cant remember exactly when it was but was 5-6 years ago I think.

uwhooligan:
Then they had to check all the fish in the lake to make sure it was the only one which I believe they did by using an electric current to stun the fish, which are then supposed to float to the surface.
Another government over reaction. You could put a dozen piranha in there and nothing untoward would happen and they'd all be dead (including any fry) by next spring. Koi and goldfish on the other hand, are a species of carp and can live and propogate in our cold water. They will compete with our native fish for food, spawning areas, etc upsetting the natural balance and displacing native species. They should be removed from any location where they might escape into our streams, rivers and lakes. However, since there hasn't been a Hollywood movie portraying Koi as "killers", the powers that be will sit on their hands and do nada.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom