Diving in Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ross9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all - I’ll be in Brazil from the end of this month for about 2-3 weeks. We’re still to work out our itinerary but I’m keen to try and fit in a few dives.

Where are the best spots to dive in Brazil?

Was hoping someone else was going to chip in with some suggestions.

Have only been diving in Fernando de Noronha. This is 1 1/2 hours flight from Recife. So not somewhere to fit in a few dives unless you planned to go there.

Have thought about going to Ilhabela or Ilha Grande to dive as there are in-laws in São Paulo. Maybe one day.

It all depends on where you plan to travel around Brazil? It’s a little larger than the UK so 2-3 weeks is not enough to cover the whole country. 😁

Fernando de Noronha, Recife, and NAtal are by far the best places
But there are other options of local dive near major cities
Where you will be? You may contact me for help

Thanks both. I’m currently in Argentina as part of a longer trip. I fly home from São Paulo mid June so will spend the last few weeks in Brazil.

I’ll likely travel into Brazil at Iguazu then leave from São Paulo. Everything else in between can be flexible.

I spoke to a dive shop in Recife and they said June is difficult because of the weather. They won’t be able to confirm any dives until a week before.

São Paulo do have some good local diving, the northeast really suffer from weather in june
Laje de Santos is a quite nice dive site two hours ride from São Paulo.
Also ilhabela and Ubatuba are nice places within reach but dont expect caribbean like conditions
P.M. me and i can send you some contacts in both southeast region and Né

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom