Diving in CT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hell, E Hartford is just about 15 min from the quarry. Once I get my gear all put back together, and my DS get's here, I'll be diving a lot more. Good place for you to raise those #'s

Hey I'd love to check out Brownstone if anybody is headed that way. Never been before. If its anything like the quarries down in NC its a fun dive. Just give the word:D

Hey I'd love to check out Brownstone if anybody is headed that way. Never been before. If its anything like the quarries down in NC its a fun dive. Just give the word:D

if you're around come by the quarry tonight. Every Wednesday night there is a "regular" group that does eve/night dives and a cookout. Great way to break up the week and always a good dive.

Ide be glad to give you a tour of the quarry. Just give some notice so I can makle plans. One of us will join you.

Hey thanks for the headsup about your Wed. group. Hopefully I can get off early enough to make it down.

Scubasaurus are you around one of the next 2 weekends? I'd be happy for a tour( especially with this warm streak).

Hey thanks for the headsup about your Wed. group. Hopefully I can get off early enough to make it down.

Scubasaurus are you around one of the next 2 weekends? I'd be happy for a tour( especially with this warm streak).

Are you wet or dry? It do get cold the deeper you go! If I can find the time to scrounge up all my junk, I may try to join in.

Unfortunately a drysuit is on my wishlist dgb40. So I guess I'll be cold, but the more the merrier.
Scubasaurus do you have a preference on days?

let me know if you guys are heading to the quarry this weekend. I don't think any boat dives are on the schedule so I should be available to join and need to get the most out of my pass. If Saturday then earlier is better, Sunday is open.

Chris, I do want to plan a bottom crossing one of these days. You still up for it?

Im up for a bottom crossing but its definitly an extreme dive IMO. We have to be prepared for a free ascent and maintain good communications. I think a list of things that can happen and whats needed (gear and a good dive plan) is a must.

Yea Ide like to go half way then ascend. Afterwards, compile the data to see if we can make a total crossing from one wall to the other. At 50 -80 ft air, cold, Nitrogen, (freeflow-Dave knows about this) , and tolerance for the dark will all be limiting factors.

This weekend is questionable for weather. You have not tried the back section of Bashan lake yet. Its would be a great first of the year dive for me as always. Any chance you may want to try it. After Bashan, we can go up to our fishway on the Salmon River and have lunch and maybe a snorkle to check for an Atlantic Salmon (we are waiting for them to appear)- lampreys are in full swing now (I saw 6 today at the fishway).

I also have the DEP book for the CT Lakes and we have a lot I would like to explore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom