Diving in El Salvador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in Belize for a few days and am planning to fly from there to El Salvador to dive a volcanic crater there calle "Ilopango".

Was wondering if anyone has done this or similar dive.

I found 2 dive shops in the capital San Salvador:

Oceanic Dive Center- www.oceanicdivecenter.com

El Salvador Divers- www.elsalvadordivers.com

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately I can't help; but please post a report after your trip.

I've been looking for a good review about El Salvador diving. When you contact the local shops ask about Los Cobanos. Apparently that's the best beach diving there(?)

check out oceanica, they run a good operation and Werner the owner has also a professional dive company. they do dives in the lakes and the ocean.
the website is www.oceanicadivecenter.com

Does anyone know of any (Pacific) diving in the La Union area, or Gulf of Fonseca? All the web info concerns Pacific diving at the other end of the country, so I appreciate that it's not likely. but since San Miguel is, I believe the second city del pais, and the port in La Union Department is growing, I just wondered if any of our members know something about this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom