Trip Report Diving in Galapagos in October 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked a lot of trips through him, Palau, Cuba, Raja Ampat, Visayas, Sea of Cortez, etc.
Me too!

Numerous trips and adventures through Greg! Raja Ampat, Northern Sulawesi, Maldives, my year long dive sabbatical that included some Caribbean locales. Such a great year.

But you'd know about that Dan, because every year is a dive sabbatical for you!

I'm so jealous. Pleased for you but envious, nonetheless. 😄

Reactions: Dan
Me too!

Numerous trips and adventures through Greg! Raja Ampat, Northern Sulawesi, Maldives, my year long dive sabbatical that included some Caribbean locales. Such a great year.

But you'd know about that Dan, because every year is a dive sabbatical for you!

I'm so jealous. Pleased for you but envious, nonetheless. 😄

I dive as much as this old body still can. 😁

Come & join us (me, @uncfnp @Soloist ….) on this 50% off trip:

I dive as much as this old body still can. 😁

Come & join us (me, @uncfnp @Soloist ….) on this 50% off trip:

Thank you! I'd really enjoy the group and fabulous deal but it's not for me.

I'm all about pretty corals these days.

I want to spend all of my time and allowable budget in Indonesia, though I'm going to try some Thailand on for size this winter just because I'll be there for awhile.

I'll be diving in Similan from last week of January to first week of February next year. If you are there during that period, give me a shout and we figure out where to meet.

Thank you for the detailed report.

Just out of curiosity: did you stay in your suit between dive 1 and 2? How about 3 and 4?

To me it's kind of weird, to wake up, have breakfast, then dive, dive and have lunch ... everywhere else seems to be dive, eat, sleep, repeat.

We're going in April 2023 (on Aqua, not Master) and I'm just wondering about this - do you (or anyone else reading here) know if this is the "norm" for Galapagos LOB?

Reactions: Dan
Thank you for the detailed report.

Just out of curiosity: did you stay in your suit between dive 1 and 2? How about 3 and 4?

To me it's kind of weird, to wake up, have breakfast, then dive, dive and have lunch ... everywhere else seems to be dive, eat, sleep, repeat.

We're going in April 2023 (on Aqua, not Master) and I'm just wondering about this - do you (or anyone else reading here) know if this is the "norm" for Galapagos LOB?
You’re welcome!

I always take off my wetsuit after each dive, hang my rash guard & swim short to dry, put new set of dry rash guard & swim short.

I bring 3 sets of rash guards & swim shorts. Rotate them. i.e., using the same rash guard & swim short that I wear for Dive 1 & Dive #4 of the day. After 6-8 hours of hanging the rash guard & swim short over the boat railing, under the sun & breezes, they get pretty dry.

My 7mm Henderson wetsuit is super stretchy & easy to don & doff

We have snacks & hot chocolate after Dive 1, lunch after dive 2, snack & drink after dive 3.

I have only been on Galapagos Master. The schedule works just fine for me.

Great - Thanks. Didn’t think about bringing rash guard to wear under my (2 piece) 7mm, might have to test out, if it’s possible and then buy an extra rash for this trip.

Great - Thanks. Didn’t think about bringing rash guard to wear under my (2 piece) 7mm, might have to test out, if it’s possible and then buy an extra rash for this trip.
I always have 2 or more rashguards with me.

I always have 2 or more rashguards with me.
Same...makes a huge difference both in donning/doffing ease as well as feeling warmer since it acts as a slight shield against that still damp wetsuit. Also lycra socks..

Same...makes a huge difference both in donning/doffing ease as well as feeling warmer since it acts as a slight shield against that still damp wetsuit. Also lycra socks..
Oh gosh yes! Lycra socks! I have 3 pairs. There's quite often someone aboard who's feet are getting sores on them and I'm akways pleased to loan out a pair and turn on the next person(s) to this vital item in dive wear. 😀

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom