Diving in Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Could someone explain why there is no good diving in Miami? Is it a matter of no good reef nearby? I have dived in the Keys and my local dive shop make an annual trip long road trip to Pompano Beach. That means good diving on each side of Miami.

But I am just simply curious why this area has not much to offer?

DK

There is good some deeper good diving remaining in the Miami area, but there are few commercial boats that go there. The rent is too high in the marinas these days, too much theft from the moored boats, poor parking options at the marinas, Miami traffic sucks unless you know how to get around, and the shallow stuff has been crushed for the most part by the beach renourishment projects that the beach economy depends on.
Also please trust me when I tell you that those Euro Trash stick figure model types jacked up on coke/ecstasy/ and the other junk they put in their bodies do not support the wholesome and natural sport of SCUBA diving, and neither do the male twirp posers that find them attractive and pursue them for fun and profit.

Palm Beach County has good diving with lotsa' boats.
Broward County has good diving with lotsa' boats.
Southern Dade County has good diving with FEW Boats.
(Do check out RJ Diving Ventures, I have never heard a legitimate complaint as to their service or dive locations)
Monroe County has good diving with a ridiculous amount of boats.

Just my two cents as someone that has lived in South Florida for over 42 years.

Chug

Broward County has AWESOME diving. I moved here nearly 30 years ago FOR the diving, and I am still here, FOR the diving. I dive with Sea Experience II nearly every Friday. There are many other fine boats in the area. We have AWESOME wrecks and beautiful reefs here, full of life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom