Diving in Moorea, Tahaiti need Dive ops info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocean-diver

Reaction score
My dive partner and I are going to Moorea, Tahaiti in early March. Does anybody know anything about the dive operators there? There is not much info on the net?

:wavey: Welcome to the
logo.gif
!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Spent two weeks in FP this past summer. Dove with Top Dive in both Moorea and Rangiroa. Execellent ops and the DMs let experienced divers enjoy their dive without interference. Translation, great bottom times and no pairings with inexperienced divers.

Thanks for joining... :)

:cowboy2: don

When I was there a few years ago, I dove with Moorea Fun Dive. However I recently heard they were no longer operating on Moorea. Unfortunately... I enjoyed their operation and the diving.

Highly recommend TopDive. They'll pick you up from most of the hotels on Moorea. Not only do they respect your experience (they will watch you the first dive or so, though), they also understand photographers and once you've demonstrated ability, will let you lag back and do your own thing without interference, but will make sure to point out what you might find interesting before they move the others out of your way.

We were in Moorea in May 04 for 2 weeks. We recommend that you don't dive with Top Dive unless you want shark feeding on every dive. We found them to be somewhat irresponsible. One of the divemasters has been bitten by sharks 3-4 times. We dove with them initially and then changed to Moorea Blue Divers and dove with Raphel. We found them to be much more responsive, considerate and generally more fun to dive with.

Back
Top Bottom