Diving in Okinawa late march/early april

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm going to a friends wedding near naha at the end of march, I'll stay for a week afterwards. I'll spend some days with my friends and then go diving, I think around okinawa main island ( I live in Hong Kong so if I want to go to ishigaki later could always do a direct flight another time)

What areas/dive centres do people recommend. Looking at the forum it seems Bubble addict has been recommended.

I have a 3mm wetsuit, I'm guessing a 5mm might be better this time of year?

Late March on Okinawa it’ll be 5mm weather still (about 70-72F). 3mm if you’re warm blooded. As you get into April/may it warms up a bit.

Not sure about Ishigaki

5mm is what you want, if you don't have one there is a dive shop near the Naha Port, 日本最大級のダイビングショップ|エムアイシー21(mic21). mic21 will have anything and everything scuba. When it comes to dive shops in the area:

if you are looking for the middle of Okinawa, these are the places I recommend:

****By all mean, these are not in any particular order***

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to hit me up.

I gotta drop a second plug for mic21 in Naha.

It’s an outstanding shop. They speak some English (if you can find the younger guy, his English is the best), but they run a top notch operation, are very helpful and knowledgeable, and stock excellent gear. Parking can be tricky downtown, but if you use one of the lots next to their building they’ll give you a parking voucher.

I also second Aloha and English Empire Divers. Excellent operations, and they’re really personable people as well.

Back
Top Bottom