Diving in Ontario for the Newbie! Tips, Advice, Experienced Buddies.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between you and pirate, i think you two should get a cut of visitors to Toby

LOL... It's just such a great place... So much to do, even if you aren't diving!

snip... snip...

And one of the Alice G... one of "The Tugs" (with Zsolt from Little Cove diving, and Mike from Diver's Den!)

View attachment 187193

What lens did you use for this pic, and what was the water temp?

Diving Frenchman's creek today with Dans! Great videos thanks..

Thanks dude! If you come back for a drift ping me, I'd go again

Was a good video....I dove it 10 or so times. I lived in Fort Erie for 10 years...Really shows the current there

---------- Post added June 25th, 2014 at 09:17 AM ----------

That was a really long winded way of spelling Humber Bay :)

Snip.. I've never really seen the appeal in someone's garbage as a dive feature (unless it's been there 100 years or so!), but I digress...
Snip..

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions... although Perry at G+S, and Kelly at Diver's Den will be happy to help you!

G+S Watersports Ltd.
Divers Den Tobermory`s Diving Center
Parks Canada - Fathom Five National Marine Park

When you have a bunch of dives under your belts, you can head out to some of our sweet wrecks. Here's a shot of the Arabia I took last weekend... Visibility was about 100'. :)

View attachment 187192

And one of the Alice G... one of "The Tugs" (with Zsolt from Little Cove diving, and Mike from Diver's Den!)

View attachment 187193

Thank you Stoo and everybody for posting all this helpful information, I will need to go through this post properly at some point and research all these locations.. Amazing shots of the Arabia and Alice G, way beyond my experience level at this point so one step at a time. Would love to visit Tobermory at some point and try some of the novice dives, hopefully my 7/8mm suit will hold up for 30 min in the frigid water's up there.

I done Toby in a wetsuit in October one year, sure it was cold, but it was worth it

---------- Post added June 25th, 2014 at 06:50 PM ----------

Diving Frenchman's creek today with Dans! Great videos thanks..

Who did you meet?

Amazing shots of the Arabia and Alice G, way beyond my experience level at this point so one step at a time.

Pawlu, the Alice G is a shallow (40') shore dive... good for everyone. Your suit is perfect for summer and fall diving up there. Above 50' or so, the water is really comfy by early/mid July and into the Fall...

What lens did you use for this pic, and what was the water temp?

Lens was a Tokina 10 - 17 (likely on 10m). This was on Dec 31, 2012, so it was a bit chilly... Low 40's likely. We were in for an hour +...

Not to thread jack or anything, but.. I'm heading to Toby this weekend for the first time ever. Booked in at Divers Den for 8 wrecks :) You all have me pretty jazzed now.

Toby is pretty awesome...Just throw Stu's name around. LOL

If you get a boat with a roof at all, you are set...The Niagara 2, the Sweepstakes, The tugs, The Wetmore, The Arabia, Forest city...All awesome dives

Buy the years pass from the marine park, makes a great keepsake

Divers Den is excellent. Lynn and her husband run the place and know everything about the wrecks there.

Stop in at the Visitor's Centre first to register for diving activities, and then check out the diving platform (red arrow). The bulletin board there shows you the wrecks. To get to the Alice G., swim to the right from the dock along the shoreline without bumping into the rocks and make sure you pull a dive flag with you. You can't miss it.

Toby_Visitor'sSign.JPG Toby_2012-08-00B.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom