Diving in salt water with a healing wound?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah zombie but that liquid band-aid stings like a %^DFC!!

I don't think it' supposed to be used on large wounds, either.

Thanks to all who posted. After taking it all in, I have decided to cancel the trip to Fla and re-book a trip a June to Cozumel. Now I have to search the boards on info regarding AI resorts that cater to divers there. I just decided it wasn't worth the risk. Thanks again.

I have had stitches removed too soon and they opened again, it too left a large hole on my ribcage next to my chest. I went to casualty where they reopened the wound by scraping the healed skin off so it is technically a new bleeding hole then they put some glue in it and then stitched it back up again where I had to wait for 10 days befoe having the stitches removed. The result was a large scar but it healed up nicely after a couple of weeks. Have some salt water baths at home first to see how you go.

ouch mitzi... that hurts just reading about it

Mitzi:
...they put some glue in it and then stitched it back up again where I had to wait for 10 days befoe having the stitches removed.

What'd they use glue for if the wound was being restitched? And what kind of glue is used; I've never heard of that before? Gross.

:11ztongue It stung a bit but wasn't that painful as he poured some kind of anaesetic liquid on it first. The glue must help it heal better from the inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom