Diving in the Baltic Sea (Poland?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowman40

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was watching TV this morning and a travel writer recommended the 'Baltic Riviera' of Poland as a place for a great value holiday.

This got me thinking about diving opportunities? I don't see anything in this section about Poland recently, hence a new post.

I know there are a lot of Polish divers in the UK, so they obviously love diving and I've discovered there are a fair number of wrecks in reach of the Gdansk area, but has anyone dived there?

Are the wrecks in recreational range worth seeing? Are there active dive centres there? If so, any recommendations?

Being UK divers, the idea of wearing a drysuit holds no fears for us and the summer water temps sound similar to UK ones, but I'm interested in whether the diving is worth the trip and whether it would be possible to find people to take us diving if we visited as a group looking for 3 or 4 days wreck diving?

Thanks

Mark

I know there are a lot of Polish divers in the UK, so they obviously love diving and I've discovered there are a fair number of wrecks in reach of the Gdansk area, but has anyone dived there?

Are the wrecks in recreational range worth seeing? Are there active dive centres there? If so, any recommendations?

I've been diving there in June 2021, in the Bay of Puck, from Gdynia and from Jastarnia. Yes, worth seeing, IMHO, although some of them will be around 40m, which makes more sense as a short deco dive. My favorite was a submarine wreck, ORP "Ślązak" a.k.a. "Malutka" (max depth 29m), but I also enjoyed ORP Delfin (40m+ long minesweeper, max depth 19m) and ORP Grozny (submarine chaser, max depth 18m). Visibility was limited on all dives (3-5m), green water, bottom temps ranged from 5degC to 15degC, most dives below 10degC.

I've been diving with CN Tryton (Szkoła nurkowa, sklep, serwis oraz klub organizujący nurkowania i podróże nurkowe. Nurkowanie to nasza pasja i przygoda którą dzielimy się z innymi. Skorzystaj z naszej oferty. Zacznij nurkować. Przyjdź na podstawowy kurs nurkowy OWD lub INTRO.) and Baza Jasa (Baza JASA - Akademia Podwodna).

CN Tryton is a large-ish dive shop in Gdynia and they are like any large dive shop, they post a schedule, set the destination in advance and people sign up. They are somewhat tech-oriented and I was able to rent a twinset from the shop, which most dive shops apparently don't do. The boat that I was on could accommodate perhaps 20 divers.

Baza Jasa is a small two-man operation, they are (in my experience) much more flexible, they run a smaller boat too (6-8pax max), which I think makes for a more relaxed experience. They are active on Facebook and post their upcoming planned trips regularly, but they will accommodate special requests.

If that's any recommendation, I would want to come back again to see some more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom