Diving in the St-Lawrence river. Québec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have asked one of the ''Dark Descent'' diver in Rimouski. If you have over 100 dives in cold water (34-39). you can make it. I plan to dive on the Empress not in the Empress...You must have an alternate air supply. Of course if you dont use nitrox the bottom time in limited... You dont have to dive the 140 fsw section of the wreck...

Firediver:
What I have hear about the Empress is if you can dive Deer Island point NB, 40min current window, low viz, down wellings, etc. then you can dive the empress. Deer Island if you don't know if in the Bay of Fundy with a 24ft tide change. Deer Island is the home to the Old Sow Whirle Pool. Was looking to dive the empress this year in september, but looks like I will be waiting until sept. 2006. Trying to change my gear out from use to newer more up to date stuff. But I am still looking for all the information I can get on diving the Empress. Right now I am reading Dark Decent, Fourteen minutes, and the Forgotten Empress to get some insite into her.

4 of us have already paid deposits for a trip in early September. There's still room for 2 if you are interested. $80/diver/day.

Does anyone have suggestions for charter operators for the Nipigon? How much would a charter cost per person?

Just wondering since I have to be in Rimouski for work soon and thought I may try to schedule a dive at the same time.

KimInNB:
Does anyone have suggestions for charter operators for the Nipigon? How much would a charter cost per person?

Just wondering since I have to be in Rimouski for work soon and thought I may try to schedule a dive at the same time.

Hi Kim,

I would suggest contacting JP Bouillon. I have all of his contact information if you want me to email it to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom