Diving in Tioman (Malaysia)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After a few trips to Pulau Aur or Dayang, going to Tioman from Singapore will be a breeze.

I second Zippsy that diving in Tioman end Feb is not ideal as thats the end of Monsoon.

However, who can guarantee no current, good vis, see a manta ray and a good dive even at peak season?

I agree with Zippsy too! I dont really think it is worth the rough trip up if you are only going to get to dive in some sheltered areas.There is always the possiblity that you might get a wk that is very calm and have a weekend of good diving,or you can get the reverse. I'm heading up to tioman maybe on the 2nd wk of mar,just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, does anyone know about this dive spot called Sea Fan Garden in Tioman? How good it is?

I actually live and work in the east coast. True, the weather had been sucky in December and early January, BUT towards the end of this month, I haven't seen any rain! Blue sky all day long (and too hot). Although I must say end-February or early-March would probably the better option for now. The rain may be gone, but not sure about the sea swell.

Darn.. guess I'm stuck in Singapore for CNY.. no time to dive anywhere else. Is diving over Good Friday weekend in April any better?

Hi,

You mean Tenggol Malaysia? Yes good dive destination to tenggol is near Kuantan Malaysia, accommodation you can live aboard or on land.
How did you know Tenggol not many diver know the island, virgin island.

I dive there since year 1998, nice dive site deep water and good visibility.

Cheer
Jason:D
hallboy:
about TEnggol, how is the diving there?? and how to get there also? ( coming from Europe ) it seems that there a lot of take plane,the take a bus, then take a Ferry tne take a taxi...

Traminer, Good Friday weekend usually is very good diving around the east coast of peninsular Malaysia.

Back
Top Bottom