diving Jamaica

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylv

Reaction score
Thinking of going diving in Jamaica for my honeymoon at a Sandals resort. Has anyone dove there or does anyone have any better suggestions of where to go. I have only been diving in the Pacific Ocean at Catalina off the coast of Newport Beach, CA.

I was at Sandals Negril last October. We enjoyed it very much, but the diving isn't as good as it is in most other aeras of the Caribbean. However it beats the hell out of rock quarries! You can find a full report and pics from that trip here. Have a blast!

Thanks Warhammer, The resort we are looking at is Ocho Rios, have you heard of it?

My wife stayed there once a a few years ago and raved about it. But she didn't go diving while there, sorry.

Hi,

My wife and I stayed at the Dunns River Falls Sandals the last week of September 2000. That is where I got hooked on diving. The diving instructors and divemasters are great. The water is clear, warm, and there are a lot of sights to go to.

We really loved Sandals. If you're going off season, and purchase a standard room, request an upgrade if there is one available. Especially considering it's your honeymoon. We were celebrating our anniversary and birthday. Stated that when making the reservation and asked at that time for an upgrade if it was available. Once we arrived, and never hearing a word beforetime, we were placed in a concierge level room, with a posterbed, in room full bar, and 24 hours room service. It was fabulous and so was everything else.

My husband and I stayed at Sandals Negril just over a year ago, that is where we were introduced to diving. The divemasters were wonderful, there was no overcrowding on the dives, the water was warm, the visability awesome. There was much to see as far as diving went and when we were not diving there was plenty to keep you occupied. I too would suggest that you book at least a mid level room and at the time you make your reservations let them know it is your honeymoon, they are very good about upgrades. (if your travel agent doesn't get the hint across, just mention the special event to the desk people) We wish you the best of luck and can't wait to see your photos and hear all about your wonderful trip.

Back
Top Bottom