Nassau Bahamas - All Inclusive Dive resort Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyAnk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My husband and I are seasoned divers. We were wanting to go to the Sandals resort in the Bahamas but they do not offer Nitrox. I have a PFO which makes me more vulnerable to DCI. I discovered the PFO after getting the skin bends after over 35 years of diving. Does anyone know of an all inclusive luxury style dive resort in the Bahamas that would offer Nitrox? Suggestions?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Moved from Site Support
Could you explain why this question was removed? Is there an alternative place I should look? Suggestion?

Does anyone know of an all inclusive luxury style dive resort in the Bahamas that would offer Nitrox?
Not sure such a place exists in the Bahamas. (I would argue that Sandals is not really a dive resort either, any more than Club Med.) Lots of big resorts and some incidentally offer diving onsite or nearby, but mostly to casual divers that aren’t demanding nitrox. Stuart Cove might have it, you could stay wherever works for you and dive with them, but I wouldn’t expect a “dive resort” experience.

For something more like a dive resort Riding Rock Inn comes to mind, but they don’t appear to offer Nitrox. Or Small Hope Bay, ditto on no nitrox.

I’d suggest the Aquacat liveaboard. Nitrox, great boat and op, and they make the most of the diving in the area. They tend to fill far ahead for good reason. Stay a few extra days on land if you want some of that too.

I will second Aquacat. The only caveat is PFO increases the risk of cerebral air embolism. If you acquire severe neurological injury while on a liveaboard - it could delay you getting urgent care.

Why not see Doug Ebersole and get the PFO resolved?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom