Diving Jupiter Sunday 1/31/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Curious. . . . if this trip were to be postponed for 2 weeks, do you think that a) the seas are really likely to be calmer by then and b)will the lemons still be there?

I pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Lemons typically run the end of January through February.

As for the conditions, they are pretty much a crap shoot this time of year. We've had a great fall and pretty good winter so far.

[offtopic]Cyberfed, I'm not a cave diver so I am curious, what does it mean that caves are all blown out? Did the weather do something to the vis?

I was wondering this myself. I would of thought the caves would have been a good alternative when the seas are not cooperating. Not the other way around.

I too am not familar with caves being blown out. What happens to them? Saltwater divers multi-ask

Many of the river waters near caves like Orange, Peacock, Madison, etc have reached or exceeded flood stage due to all the rain this year. On low flow caves, the river water has over flowed and is now dumping into the cave systems at different points, making viz 'blown out' as Fed mentioned. They are un-divable and in some cases closed. I'm not sure about Ginnie, but it is a high flow cave and as such, better to withstand river flooding.

Hope this helps.

Dive was canceled by the boat so it must havse been bad.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom